Jelly Button is looking for a Game Director who is ready to lead one of our game teams to an unprecedented measure of success. We are looking for a passionate and creative leader that can provide game direction and wants the opportunity to influence millions of players worldwide.
The Game Director is expected to be intimately familiar with best-in-class processes and designs in the mobile game industry while leading by example "in the trenches," driving and communicating a clear vision in a highly collaborative environment. The right candidate will rally and motivate a team of artists, engineers, designers and more to further establish Jelly Button as the one of the best casual studios in the world.
- Conceptualize, drive and execute a design vision in partnership with the studio leadership.
- Convert ideas into communicable and actionable flows and specs: create GDDs, wireframes, flows and clear feature documentation.
- Construct engaging and creative gameplay systems with impactful features that will improve user experience, engagement, and monetization.
- Help implement game features and systems in close partnership with the engineering team.
- Analyze key performance indicators, user testing and feedback; recommend design solutions and modify game concepts accordingly.
- Actively collaborate with Design Leads, Designers, Project Managers and Cross-Functional teams to facilitate feature development.
- Stay on top of industry trends and the competitor landscape to evolve our thinking and help us become an industry leader.
- Continuously champion innovation alongside the continuous pursuit of refinement.
- Build a roadmap and execute a strategic plan for a live game.
- Manage a team across multiple disciplines (product managers, designers, engineers, monetization managers, creatives, etc.) in an agile environment.
- Deliver concise business recommendations following detailed analysis.
- 4 years of managerial experience - a must
- Experience in building and developing a B2C product
- Experience in the gaming industry -big advantage
- Highly analytical, excellent modeling skills, masterful understanding of complex systems, good statistical skills
- Product Management skills to track the KPIs of newly released features and demonstrated skills improve them
- Ability to communicate abstract ideas or concepts in simple business language
- Profound knowledge in product, marketing, design and player/customer experience
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage a complex project under tight deadlines
- Ability to think through problems and quickly come up with solutions – long-term approach to problem-solving
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to prototype and demonstrate ideas -a huge plus.
- You are a team player, comfortable working with designers and business performance professionals from a wide range of disciplines