Jelly Button is looking for a level designer to join our new and growing games!
in this position you will be responsible for crafting the definitive player touch-point for our games. You will own the entire content design including delivering top-notch levels, concepting new gameplay elements and shaping level difficulty and progression all the while using data analysis to tune and perfect your work.
What you'll do:
- Design and deliver level content in all its forms across the entire product life-cycle for Match3 games.
- Use data and player feedback to continuously sharp and maintain existing level content.
- Take full ownership on your work, and have responsibility for all design details along the way.
- Work closely with other team members by collaborating on multiple aspects of the development process to ensure the game’s success.
- 2+ years of experience working on Match games
- Strong level design skills throughout each production stage: concept, wireframe, prototype, implementation, and refinement through to final sign-off
- Theoretical or practical knowledge of level design and core gameplay
- Expert in level content balancing and content pacing
- Analytical problem-solving skills, utilizing data to validate intuitions
- Mechanics, rules, probabilities, and aesthetics in level design specialty
- Passionate about the opportunity to build shared level design and share best practices throughout multiple games and teams
- Genuine interest in the games industry and a serious passion for free to play (F2P) game development
- Strong interest in casual mobile games
- Excellent communication and team collaboration skills
- Completed independent game projects or game mods in game designer role
- Self-starter and able to tackle problems independently
- Strong knowledge of published casual, mobile and F2P games
- Ability to understand users’ motivations
- Ability to quickly build and test game content and iterate gameplay
- Ability to create simple yet versatile game mechanics that are easy to learn
- Unity game engine experience