Jelly Button is seeking a vibrant, eager 3D Artist who is excited about the game industry, and who can feed off the enthusiasm we all have for working closely to build the best culture, look, and product we can. You will Work closely with the art director and an agile production team on a long-term project and take a significant part in shaping a Jelly's game.
Jelly Button Games is currently home to 120+ unicorns. Our first title - Pirate Kings - has been featured on both iOS and Android, and has been at the top charts in over 10 countries. We are a top industry competitor in the area, and are successfully penetrating huge international territories at a rapid rate. All games are 100% in-house production.
We are looking for a you – a passionate 3D artist who wishes to be a part of a collaborative and creative team. You are a fast learner, and a seeker--always trying to be better and unique. Inside Jelly, you’ll be heard and to the rest of the world, your creations will be shared and seen by millions. If this sounds good, you might be the next special Jelly we have been looking for.
● Create 3D art and iterate to define the art style of the game.
● Make sure assets are optimized for game production design.
● Implement models using shaders and commercial or custom real-time lighting solutions for models to be used in games.
● Work directly with the R&D and game design teams to ensure optimal use of polygons, shaders and textures.
● Proven ability to work effectively with small to large teams in a deadline-driven environment.
● Strong general art foundation
● Ability to create versatile types of art styles
● Knowledge of high quality low poly game environment, props and character modeling/texturing skills with an eye for form and shape
● Expert level in understanding leading 3D packages
● Ability to quickly iterate ideas
● Strong passion for gaming
● Excellent communication & collaboration skills.
● Excellent organization and efficient time management skills
● An eye for high quality 3D artwork
● Ability to model, texture and animate complex high-rez & low rez scenes, characters and background items.
● Ability to create textures for use with various shaders (specular maps, normal maps, etc.)
● Good sense of volume, lighting and materials
● Experience with UV layouts
● Ability to multitask
● Candidates with mobile game experience will be highly considered
● Experience with Unity
● Hand drawing/illustration skills
● Experience animating and rigging a big plus
● Experience with real time shaders and lighting