Jelly Button is seeking a vibrant, eager Animator / VFX Artist who is excited about the game industry,
and who can feed off the enthusiasm we all have for working closely to build the best culture, look, and product we can.
You will work closely with the art director and product team in an agile production team on a long term project and take a significant part in shaping Jelly's games.
We are currently 100+ Jellies who want to make a difference by creating beautiful and successful mobile games. Our games have been played by hundreds of millions of players around the globe.
To truly be a part of the team you need to have a passion for games and animation, we value an innate drive for self learning whether it is learning new programs, complementary courses or just expanding your artistic horizon.
We treat each of our projects as equally important, whether they are big or small.
- Work closely with the Product Team, Art Director & The Concept Artist to deliver animation solutions for our games.
- Create the visual effects animations language for our games.
- Develop our approach toward animations in our games.
- Lead rapid iterations and testing on a variety of concepts, from storyboards to fully designed animations.
- Partner with engineers to collaborate and iterate in quick-turnaround design-build cycles in the game engine.
- Stay up to date with animations trends and make a point to understand how to help Jelly’s audience to interacts with its games/services; make use of this knowledge in the development of the best possible animation experience.
- Integrate your own animations in the game engine and have ownership over them.
- Review final products and ensure they are pixel perfect.
- Work experience in creating Motion Graphics Animations / VFX / 2D animation for mobile games.
- Familiarity with production of visual game effects pipeline
- Experience working with Unity
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and successfully launch new product.
- Ability to prioritize work and function in an agile environment.
- Mastery of Adobe Animate, After Effects, Photoshop and associated animations tools
- Full-stack design approach.
- Passion for games!
- 2D animation skills
- Rigging and 3D animation skills
- Experience in special effects and particle tools
- Tech Art abilities (writing shaders and advanced game effects solutions)
- Previous experience creating casual mobile games
- GUI Animation skills
- Hand drawing/illustration skills
- Knowledge of a 3D software